To this type of auto fan, it becomes an obsession that should flood his or her free moments – especially weekend time. So, for all of you that insurance companies write policies for – this is for you and your wonderful craze!
Exceptional Fun Facts for the Antique and Classic Car Lover
• Do you know the difference between the automobile term, horseless carriage, and the term vintage car? A horseless carriage is in reference to the antique cars that went public from 1896 to 1915 and a vintage car refers to cars made between the years 1916 and 1925.
• See if you can guess this one! How many Barracuda convertible cars were produced in all? The grand total will set you reeling: there were seven in all!
• If you managed to come up with the answer to the above, see how well you do on this one. How many 1940 Dual-Cowl Phaetons did the manufacturing auto company produce in all? The modest answer is six!
• The great and oftentimes revered Mustang car was initially presented by its manufacturer in the year 1964.
• Though car fans usually are associated with the color red, the very first Camaro car was actually bathed in the color black. (Black is beautiful, right?)
• Ever wonder where the English dictionary came up with that great word we reference to the car? Automobile is actually two words that are blended together. Auto means oneself and mobile means the ability to move. Hence, an automobile is that wonderful invention that allows an individual to travel via driving maneuvers!
• The renowned auto company began mass production of its reasonably priced Model T automobile in the year 1913.
• If you view movies about Fidel Castro’s dictatorship, you will be led to believe that the natives only drive classic cars. The reason for the large amount of older cars on the streets of this Latin American country is due to the infamous US Trade Embargo of 1960 that resulted in no new trade of automobiles between the nations.
• Want to know about cheap auto insurance for your classic vehicle? Talk to an experienced independent insurance agent. He will demonstrate how to choose the appropriate policy according to your driving needs and mile accumulation as well as other factors.